Tuesday, April 10, 2012

She's a He

So I have to be kind of careful with this one because this company is still one that I'm involved with.  Let's just say I work for Good Times Portraits.  That sounds pretty generic, right?  Well I get customer complaints all of the time that I have to field for different studios and they seem to get more and more ridiculous every day, but this one is one of my favorites.

"Hello Ma'am, my name is Susan Smith and I need to talk to you about a very serious issue that is happening in one of your locations."

Oh this is going to be fun. I'm guessing listening to the rest of this message she's going to tell me that someone was rude to her.  Fun stuff.

"This particular issue is so very upsetting to me that I felt that I had to call you immediately!  And I really and truly hope that you will take this matter seriously and call me back as soon as you receive this message."

Okay...

"My daughter, I mean, my son..."

Um, what?

"I mean, my daughter who is now my son...."

Um, what???

"Tried to pick up his, I mean her, I mean his pictures..."

Oh my God.  Okay.  This will be interesting.

"And they won't give them to him.  These were the last pictures of my baby girl in a dress and I am absolutely disgusted that Good Times Portraits will not hand them over because of the fact that his driver's license says Jessica and he is now a Joseph."

Holy crap.  Well this is going to be fun.  And that's when she got all emotional and crazy.

"This is the most deplorable thing I have ever witnessed in all of my life!  Good Times Portraits is in a strip mall and I am going to return everything that I ever bought from that strip mall ever!  My vacuum cleaner, my dishwasher, my dog food!  All of it!  They will run your crappy store out of there!"

Are you fucking kidding me?

"I will tell all of my friends and family about this and they will also return everything that they ever bought at those places too!  And they will never shop on that street ever again!"

Are they on the same crazy pills as you?

"If you do not return my call and give my son his last pictures as a girl I will get a court order to have them removed from your store by the sheriff!  So you damn well had better call me back because this is absolute bullshit!"

Wow.  And then in a completely different cheerful tone she says:

"Thank you for your time. Bye!"

So after all that I am laughing so hard that tears are running down my cheeks.  The lady was bat shit crazy.  But putting all of that aside, I genuinely did want to get her her portraits.  I immediately called the studio and they didn't have anyone under that name, but they said some crazy lady had called asking for her daughter's pictures.  I called the lady and come to find out, she hadn't even had portraits taken with us, it was at a completely different studio.

Some people kids these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment